“am I a candidate for LASIK”?
In the video below, Dr. Danny Mack discusses what makes you a good candidate for LASIK eye surgery.
If you don’t like the video or want more information, continue reading.
Unfortunately, this is a difficult question to answer because your eligibility depends on a number of factors!
A few of the main factors for getting LASIK include:
- Being over the age of 18 (preferably 21) and must have stable vision for at least one year
- Free of certain health problems (such as uncontrolled diabetes), eye diseases (such as keratoconus or advanced dry eye disease), eye infections and eye injuries.
- Not be pregnant or nursing
- Being out of contact lenses for a certain period of time
- The front of your eye, known as the cornea, must be thick enough to surgically alter
RELATED: LASIK: What Are the REAL Benefits?
Overall, everyone’s eye and health backgrounds are different. Which is why, if you’re interested in LASIK, we highly recommend having your eyes evaluated by a qualified eye care professional to accurately determine if you’re a candidate.